S&P Global 77th Among India’s 100 Best Companies to Work for in 2021
Global authority on workplaces assesses employers based on credibility, respect, fairness, pride and camaraderie
Great Place to Work, the global authority on rating workplaces, has named S&P Global as one of India’s 100 Best Companies to Work for in 2021.
The leading provider of ratings, benchmarks, analytics and data to capital and commodity markets worldwide earned this recognition in India through a rigorous assessment, conducted on five dimensions — credibility, respect, fairness, pride and camaraderie.
“We are honoured to take our place among India’s Best Workplaces for 2021,” said Nilam Patel, Managing Director at S&P Global in India, adding, “At S&P Global, we are committed to fostering inclusion — which is deeply rooted in our values — as we work to accelerate progress around the world. We undertake countless initiatives to promote this core element of the S&P Global culture, and this recognition is a fitting acknowledgement of those efforts.”
Against the challenging backdrop of Covid-19 during the past 12 months, the company undertook significant new employee initiatives in India, such as:
- Introduction of “Wellness Days” – company-wide days off to permit teams to recharge and refresh
- Extended global care leave to enable people to better care for their loved ones
- Introduction of global technology allowance to support the work-from-home environment with IT and workspace enhancements
- Extension of global employee assistance program to provide wider access to mental health services and introduction of a wide suite of wellness programming resources
- Provision of relief to employees in India who were facing critical shortages of food and care essentials during lockdown periods
- The creation of a Covid-19 Rapid Response Taskforce, comprised of S&P Global India team members, responding to queries and providing support to colleagues, their family members and alumni, such as oxygen concentrators, medicines, food supplies, hospitalizations, arrangements for ventilator beds, and more.
- A vaccination drive across all S&P Global offices and other locations in India
“As an organisation, we believe in continuously raising the bar for our people and remaining an employer of choice for them. It is our people who make this a great place to work, with their continued efforts to deliver on our company values of excellence, relevance and integrity. With a people first mindset, we are proud to have made our mark with some of the most employee-friendly policies in India. Receiving this certification during such challenging times echoes the importance we place in ensuring the health and safety of our people,” said Rajiv Burman, People Lead at S&P Global in India.